Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday-Issue 7

We're going to try a new salad today from the Crazy Plates ladies. Tyler is at a friend's house for dinner so the red peppers so be a go! We'll see what happens. For more What's Cooking Wednesday ideas, check out Shan's blog.

Gobbledegood Turkey Salad

Dressing
1/3 cup low-fat sour cream (I didn't have it so I substituted plain yogurt)
2 tbsp mango chutney
1 tbsp each lemon juice and honey
1/4 tsp curry powder

4 cups chopped, cooked turkey breast
1 cup each diced red bell pepper and diced celery
1 cup each diced pineapple and halved orange segments
1/2 cup chopped green onions

To make dressing, combine sour cream (or yogurt), mango chutney, lemon juice, honey, and curry powder in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.

In a large bowl, combine turkey, red pepper, celery, pineapple, orange segments, and green onions. Add dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Makes 6 servings.



Quinten: "I love red peppers! I'm going to eat it all!! Then I get an ice cream cone!!!"
Addison: was partial to the fruit and I had made some basmati rice which she devoured
Me: So yummy. I think it would also be great in a tortilla with some fresh greens. I might add a bit more curry next time.

3 comments:

Shan said...

I love the Crazy Plate ladies. Abby calls them Hansel and Greta, haha. This looks great!

Mommy Project said...

Hmm...the orange scares me a little, but it looks pretty darn good and the dressing sounds great. I'll have to try this one.

Jen said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I'd eat it even without the ice cream cone. ;-)