Thursday, May 14, 2009

A weekend that went to the dogs...

Literally. I was dog-watching for friends (Carey and Chris were kind enough to watch our pooches while we were in Cuba, so we totally owed them) over mother's day weekend so I had 5 dogs in my house and 3 kids. Yikes! Addison LOVED the company. The pint size pooches were right up her alley. You can see Monty helping Addison with our guinea pigs. Lexi is the black pug, Monty is the fawn pug puppy, and Madix is the boxer puppy. They were so good and cuddly. Shay loved playing with them and chasing them around. She slept so well the next day!











After the weekend, I went to Aunt Arlene's to raid her perennials. On Tuesday, I dug out my new bed, Wednesday I added the compost and planted (I realize that I should have had this done last fall to really get the soil ready... oh, well). I can hardly wait until it starts blooming! I still have a couple more plants I'd like to get (a belated Mother's Day gift) and maybe some mulch but it looks so much better than it did previously! I can now see the retaining wall and the perennials in the upper bed are going to grow and fill in so nicely. The wind and rain have flattened the newbies a bit. I'll take a better picture once the plants spruce up again.



This weekend is all birthdays (Addison's 2nd on Saturday and Craig's 35th on Sunday). I'm writing my list and planning today so Friday won't be too crazy. We'll see...

2 comments:

Carey said...

Too friggin' funny! My puppies have made it to the web....lol

brian said...

Oh my Goodness you've got Pugs!!
I Love Pugs, they are cute adorable and love to cuddle!

And Pugs are little clowns!