Saturday, May 9, 2009

1st time for everything

Last night Addison woke up around 10pm and couldn't breathe. She was barking like a seal so I did the croup remedies of a steamy room, which didn't work, so I tried the cool night air which calmed her down but did not help her breathe. Craig was teaching at the motorcycle course and hadn't come home yet so I called telehealth. I guess the attendent heard Addison's breathing because she put me on hold to get the ambulance started. That's right, Addison and I took a ride in an ambulance. Craig pulled up as I was on the phone with the paramedics, thankfully, so he stayed home with the boys. Basically at the hospital they gave Addison a strong, oral steroid to open her airways and within a 1/2 she was breathing better. The doctor did caution that if she woke up again and couldn't breathe that I was to call the ambulance again and not attempt to drive her in by myself. Amazing eh? And they were super quick at the hospital! We arrived at 10:45 and we were home sleeping by 1:00am.

We'll see what happens tonight...

1 comment:

Shan said...

I'm glad they were quick and she's feeling better.