Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday - Issue 16



Like Shan (home of What's Cooking Wednesday, check it out!) I was in a muffin mood. Also a chocolate mood. I didn't have any butter, but I did have some yogurt I needed to use. I've found Food.com pretty handy lately. It's an online database for recipes. Basically, they've searched and tagged recipes so if you go there, you can search for ingredients, recipes etc and you will get results from various sites. You can then add them to your recipe box (the recipes link to their original sites but if you install the food.com toolbar, you can still add recipes from other sites to your recipe box). It's pretty handy and I like that it's all in one place; I don't have to search multiple sites any more!

Anyway, I searched for "oil, yogurt, cocoa" and it came back with 16 or so recipes. This one sounded over-the-top rich so I've tried it....


Easy Devils Food Chocolate Muffins (from recipezaar #345143)

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350-F.

Line a standard muffin tin with a dozen, 2-1/2 inch, cup-cake paper baking cups. (I use a stoneware muffin pan so I don't need liners)

In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients well with whisk or wooden spoon.

In another mixing bowl add the milk, yogurt, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well with whisk or wooden spoon until blended.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients along with 1/2 of the chocolate chips.

Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Careful not to over mix.

Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Fill each almost to the top.

Sprinkle the other half of the chocolate chips evenly into the filled muffin cups.

Bake at 350-F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.

Cool before serving.

Makes 12 (2-1/2inch) muffins.

Addison patiently waited for the muffins to be done... They are cooling now and I can't imagine what kind of mess she'll make eating them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These look SO tasty :)

A Crafty Mom said...

I came from Shannon's blog (and am also a Shannon) and I really like your blog! And those muffins - seriously, how have I never tried them? We are serious chocolate lovers here and my kids would surely gobble those right up. But they might have to fight me for them. :)

Shan said...

Oh those would go over big here! Great recipe!!