Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 15...

Grandma is still kicking. If fact, she's sleeping comfortably and showing no signs of discomfort when she's turned over or when her vital signs are taken. It's like she's in a trance. It's been 15 days since her last stroke (which took away her ability to swallow, so we can't give her anything or she'll choke) and the last time she had anything to eat/drink (her mouth is being swabbed but that's it from what I'm told). She's not on an I.V. She's just sleeping.

Every time the phone rings, or the email dings I think "well, this is it" and "it" still hasn't happened. My aunt has been there overnight for the past 15 days and one of the uncles from out west has already flown it... I wonder how long she can last without anything... I googled it and the general concensus is up to eight weeks with water, 3 to 5 without. I'm just not sure that swabbing the mouth would be considered water in-take... So we wait.

No comments: