Friday, April 24, 2009

Tyler's School Project

Tyler's Grade One class has been reading Flat Stanley (a story of a boy who got flattened by a bulletin board... he's fine, just flat). The class has been given a project to create their own Flat Stanley and send him on a trip to someone outside our area (part of their letter writing series where they learn proper formatting of letters, addressing and Tyler's favourite part, the stamp). One of Ty's friends is sending his Stanley to his Uncle in Hong Kong so Tyler wanted to send his Flat Stanley a fair distance away. I have a cousin in Washington State with 2 little boys (the same age as my guys roughly) so I contacted her to see if Stanley would be welcome to visit. We looked at how far Washington State is from our area and it's further than Cuba (which is the only distance Tyler can relate to... he remembers having to take a plane to Cuba so it Washington is further than Cuba it must be SO far away!!). My cousin KellyAnn is so much fun. Her response was, "We would love for Stanley to come for a visit!!!! :D Let me know when his bags are packed and he's on his way!!!" I only wish we lived closer. Although we only talk a couple of times a year, she's one of those people you can just pick up where you left off. And when I see her, I'm constantly reminded of how much see looks like my Dad's side of the family. Of all the cousins, she looks most like my Grandma.

Anyway, KellyAnn is a labour and delivery nurse and I think you can see the mountains from their place so I think Stanley will have a exciting, fantastic vacation. Tyler is so excited. He wants to cut out paper luggage to send along. Thank you KellyAnn, Derek, Mark and Evan for hosting! Can't wait to see what adventures Stanley will have!

1 comment:

KellyAnn said...

We are excited about Stanley's arrival!!! lol
You are so funny saying those kind words about me!! I wish we lived closer too, the boys and Addison would have so much fun together.
Love and miss you,
xoxo
....thank you for the wonderful compliment about looking like Grandma :D