Sunday, June 29, 2008

Phew! I'm done!!

21 days and 1 litre of Extra Virgin Olive Oil later, I'm done my cleanse!

Things I've learned:
• have 1/2 cup grapefruit juice with breakfast and 1/2 cup veggie juice with dinner. Any other beverage throughout the day should be water or herbal tea.

• have 50% raw and 50% steamed veg at lunch

• no raw fruit or veg after 4 pm

• limit intake of red meat (once a month) and no pork (bye, bye bacon) but enjoy chicken and fish several times a week (preferably organic chicken and wild fish – not the bottom-feeding, mercury laden kind)

• have an egg once, or twice a week

• raw shredded beets and carrots tossed with sunflower oil and balsamic vinegar is yummy and apparently a good cleanser

• no white sugar (which is refined using arsenic) – use raw sugar, maple syrup or honey

• use sea salt not regular table salt

Tonight I think I will celebrate with some popcorn (dressed in organic butter and sea salt).

1 comment:

Shan said...

Congratulations! That is remarkable! You're inspiring.