Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back into the swing of things

So the last couple of weeks have been a blur. I finished the cleanse, landed a couple of new clients, watched an extra child for 3 days and waited hours for our new fridge and dishwasher (ended up getting a loaner fridge as our new one apparently won't arrive until mid-next week). I have been so remiss in blogging. I have been toiling away on the computer doing my design work but haven't found time to get my thoughts out there. I've even taken pictures of some really yummy meals for What's Cooking Wednesday but haven't had the time to post them.

Tyler has finished SK and has been really excited telling me each night before he falls asleep the "You know Mom, tomorrow I don't have to go to school!!" It's been fantastic not having to rush around in the morning. The kids are loving going out in their PJs to play in the sandbox. We set up the tent in the back yard and the boys have been having sleep outs. One of us stays inside with Addison and the other sleeps with the boys in the tent. I think I'd like to try the playpen in the tent and see how Addison does as a test drive for camping the August 1st weekend.

So I really excited about this Thursday. I would like to take the kids to Toronto to see all their Kids CBC friends (Patti and Syd - the hosts, the Doodlebops perform, Captian Claw, Mama Yamma, Salmon de Champlain, Curious George etc.) And it's FREE! (at least the kids are, I might have to pay something). Now, for the not so fun part... I don't think I want to take them by myself... I think that would freak me but we'll see (driving with screaming kids down the 401 and worrying about losing them in Toronto). Yes, I'm slightly paranoid about that sort of thing. But I don't want them to miss it so if Craig can't take his day off on Thursday, I might surprise myself by actually going!

No comments: