Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Cleanse... Week 3 Day 6

That's right folks, only 2 days (including today) to go!!

That tally so far... 10 lbs lost internally (ie. I haven't changed clothing sizes), energy is high, I feel fantastic, I've eaten a bunch of new things I hadn't tried before (quinoa, lentils, swiss chard, steel cut oats, broccoli rabe, white turnips...there are probably more that I can't remember).

The cleanse is great and because it's all food related, you don't need any other supplements or have to have and special powders or pills. My mother is interested, although wants to know the "science" behind it, but if she does it, I'd totally do it again. It's more like a restorative cleanse and 21 days is how long it takes for the intestinal bacteria to reset/regenerate. Dr. Rau says, "Our goal is to substitute healthy cells for weak or damaged cells. Providing the right nutrition helps create a healthier organ by establishing an optimal internal environment for at least one or more generation spans of the organ's cells." He then gives a list of Life Spans of Various Cells...Blood Cells–1 month, Lymph Cells–2 months, Liver–6-12 months, Nerves–2-7 years!!

Anyway, I found it fascinating and easy to follow. My main reason for doing this was to get my intestines working properly again so I didn't feel my digestive system working, so I would feel better and have more energy. Now that I've almost completed the cleanse, I have had a chance to see what I've been eating and what I really don't need to eat. It is a total mind shift. I'm hoping that I can continue eating this well and get the rest of the family to eat this way too. That's my next project!

No comments: