Friday, June 20, 2008

The Cleanse... Week 2 Day 5

Had some lovely Guacamole (with 6 baked tortilla chips) for a snack and a Black Bean with Cashew and Carrot "Burger" for dinner. Not too shabby. Tomorrow is Eggplant for lunch and Beet Soup for dinner. Although I'm not craving the sweets, when I took fresh made (not by me) Long Johns out to Craig yesterday (it was our 9th anniversary and he had to work a 12 hr day... I took 15 buns out for the 15 years we've been together... I know, too sweet, pun intended) I was mighty tempted to sink my teeth into that icing sugar piece of heaven. Drool....

Well, I'm almost done the cleanse. I do feel "cleaner"... lighter and healthier, much more energy. I've lost 10 lbs although you wouldn't know it to look at me. I cannot fathom that I had 10 lbs of toxins in me! That's is seriously disgusting. I haven't changed sizes so it must be all internal. Gross, eh?

I feel I've been remiss in the last little while posting schtuff. I told Craig last night that I feel all I've been doing to making salad, steaming veggies and then washing the dishes to use at the next meal. It's a lot of work! And then, because the kids and their daddy aren't interested in eating all these veggie dishes, I'm making other stuff for them to eat. Every time Craig tries a dish, he feels sick. Could it be that his body cannot handle all the veggie goodness? I'm also finding that groceries are quite expensive. I've been buying for the week and it's always around $200 by the time I get done. This diet is going to cost me $600 for 3 weeks!! Yikes!! That's one thing I wish I could change... for people wanting to be healthier, to eat healthier, you'd think it would be more affordable and the selection would be better without having to travel all over the place (gas is too expensive!!!). And would it hurt to get a Whole Foods here?!?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's week 3 comments????
Did I mention that I had a big mac for you????

Shan said...

What is it with all the cleansing go on around the blogosphere lately? I feel like I missed a memo. I tip my hat to you all. I just couldn't do it.

Heather... said...

It is a little cleanse crazy right now...I'd like to think I started before it became a trend. :)

I feel great though but it's A LOT of prep work in chopping veggies. I've felt like I haven't had a chance to do anything else!!