Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Appliance Repair Man

So my dryer broke again. I say again as when it broke the first time, I called the appliance guy, he came, plugged it in and it started again. I felt like a bad sitcom.

[The door opens... it's the repair man.]
"What seems to be the problem, miss?"
"Why, sir, the dryer has stopped."
[Plug in dryer, it works. Sigh, shake head.]
"Well, miss, give me a call anytime."

Yup, that's the easiest $56 you can make.

Well, I put a load in last night and it grinded to a halt. I left a message for the repair man who called me this morning.

[The phone call]
"Oh hi, it's Dan the repair man. The dryer stopped again?"
"Yup, I'm not on crack!"
"Sorry?"
"Um, I'm not imagining things!"

Note to self: Telling people who don't actually know you that you're not on crack may not be the best way to phrase something.

Anyway, the saga continues. I'll hang this load out. It this doesn't get fixed today, there are going to be a bunch of boys going commando around here (unless the forecasted rain holds off for a couple more days).

3 comments:

JillEBean said...

Did you really use the expression "on crack"..I almost fell of my chair laughing as I've done the same thing before!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! AWESOME.

Surrey Appliance Repair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.