Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our newest additions...

Craig has been researching conures for awhile now. Not sure what possessed him to think we need additional mouths to feed but I'm always game for a new adventure. And what an adventure this has become. We found our lovely pearly conures and brought them home a couple of weeks ago. The are hand-tamed although the male is going through a nipping phase. But they are sweet and talkative and with time and patience will stop the nipping. We think they are about 3 years old an are extremely affectionate to each other. Our male is Pepe and our female is Rizzo (our homage to the Muppets). Craig jokes that we can now charge admission.

Oh, and I don't know what wrong with me, but I just figure out how to make my blog wider and the pictures bigger. Duh.

This is Pepe. He has less teal under his beak.

Rizzo is the one behind.