Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm registered!

With the photography needs at work, I felt course upgrade was in order. I need conversational, natural looking photos and my friend Cathy (you can check out her blog there in the side bar) audited a course through Karen Russell's Snapshots of a Good Life. I checked out her site and blog and love the way she can capture natural light in her images. You can see this in Cathy's photography as well. Though I have no aspirations to become a professional photographer, I do want to take the best possible photos.

Anyway, I got in! The courses sell out super fast so I'm glad my keyboard classes in high school paid off... I have never typed so quickly (it's first come, first registered get in)!!

The course starts in May so I'll be posting the pics as I go along. Wish me luck! You can check out Karen's site here...

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so excited for you! Are you auditing or are you a full student? You are going to love Karen. She is so giving of her time and knowledge. She seriously puts her all into the class and wants to make sure her students get every penny out of her class. Can't wait to see the pictures you create. I hope you do a better job at keeping up with the lessons than I did. Have fun.

Steph said...

Wicked. Can't wait to see them. Also, that is one beautiful profile shot.

Kristen said...

I've registered too but only as an audit student. Looking forward to it! (And like you, no aspirations to be a professional photographer. I just want to take better, everyday pictures!)