Sunday, January 10, 2010

Umm... Happy New Year?

Work, work, work, sick, sick, sick, work, work, work. Sums up everything that's happened since December. Forgive me for not posting sooner (not that too many people read this anyway...).

Christmas - Fine, busy and we were all sick. Yippee.
New Years - Fine, still getting over the cold.
Today - I think I'm the only one still sick. I have energy though so it can't be pneumonia, right?

New Years Resolution - I have one date night a month with Craig (when you work crazy hours, finding a night a month to spend together is somewhat difficult. Luckily I had already booked my sister for the end of January when I wanted to see Jann Arden for my birthday. But I didn't get tickets so now I will use Christmas gift certificates for dinner and a movie).

New happenings - Joined a book club. First book is Julie & Julia. Finished it today. I can relate to the idea/feeling of wanting for some idiotic reason to cook something so gastronomically delicious that it instantly makes you want to jump someone's bones or have your bones jumped... not that calf livers would do it for me. And the idea of cooking your way through an entire cookbook is scarily tempting (although it would have to be Campbell's 3 ingredients or the like... I don't think lob$ter will be on my grocery list for a while).

So, once the craziness of work dies down, I want to start cooking again, start playing with my kids (and my new niece/nephew that should arriving in the next week), start sewing (I now have a sewing machine and want to try my hand a something... maybe a jumper for Addison's birthday in May) and start enjoying 2010.

Hope you are all enjoying 2010. Best wishes to all of you!

No comments: