Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday - Issue 17

Beef Stroganoff...

I found this recipe on through food.com (the original recipe is hosted on Recipezaar #247292) although I modified it a bit to work with what I had in the house. The boys are going through a no sauce phase but I was hoping this would change their minds... It didn't, of course, but I found it quite yummy. As always, visit the home of WCW over at Shan's Blog.

Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked noodles
1 beef bouillon cube
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups fresh, sliced mushrooms (I used cremini)
2 tbsp oil
1 lb stewing beef cut into cubes
2 tbsp flour
salt to taste
1/2 tsp paprika
1 can cream of mushroom soup, diluted with 1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream

Directions:
Start cooking noodles but add a bouillon cube to the boiling water before adding noodles.
Brown garlic, onion, beef and mushrooms in the oil. Add the flour, salt and paprika, stir and let simmer 5 mins. Add soup and water and cook on low for 10 mins. Stir in sour cream and heat through.

To serve, make a pile of noodles and top with the beef sauce. Enjoy!

No comments: