Thursday, April 30, 2009

My stolen wallet

I've never had anything stolen before, but it finally happened... at my grandmother's funeral. My wallet was unattended although in the same room as my family sat down to eat the meal the church's hospitality committee put together. It was in the stroller basket, under the diaper bag. Seriously. Luckily my social insurance card, birth certificate and health card with at home. But I had to cancel credit/debit cards, license, video store card, airmiles, rewards etc. What a pain! You should see my license. I thought I could just get it reissued but because there are new rules (you can't smile anymore... like a passport photo) I had to get a new pic taken. I had arrived at the DMV without a hair and makeup crew. I was in pigtails. Real classy!

I'm still hoping someone will mail it to me! I loved the wallet. It had Emily Strange on it (given as a gift for my birthday) and the saying "Strange is not a crime" which is perfectly suited for me!

No comments: