Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slings & Arrows

I am currently watching the gift I gave Craig for his birthday on DVD. Craig has been working unbelievably long hours so we haven't had too many nights where we can just sit back and watch movies together. We had watched a couple of episodes and I'm totally hooked. Slings & Arrows stars Paul Gross, Rachel McAdams and a bunch of other amazingly talented artists. The New York Times called it "charming and lovely" which is totally accurate. It has such brilliant comedy and softly touching parts (the last 3 words probably shouldn't be repeated aloud out of context). It's SO GOOD!!!! And DVD is so convenient and crazily addictive, I just want to keep watching but I'm showing admirable restraint by turning off the telly and blogging before bed.

On another note, on Monday I will be commencing a Swiss Detox diet (cleans out all the toxins invading your body and apparently elevates energy). I think I've convinced my sister Jill to try it too and hopefully Craig, if his crazy working schedule will allow it. Lots of veggies and no meat products for 3 weeks. To a carnivore like me, this will be complete torture but if it reboots my digestive tract and gives me an energy boost, I'm all for it. Right now, I'm eating all the food in the house that I'm not allowed to eat after Monday (a bag of cookies, pop, lunch meat etc). What! I don't want it to go to waste!! (Jill did mention that perhaps the kids could help me with this...I figure if I have to go a minimum of 3 weeks without cookies that I need to get my fill now!). I wonder if I should have a wager with someone that I can actually do the detox without cheating...

3 comments:

JillEBean said...

I'll make a bet with you..that way I won't cheat either!

Heather... said...

Is that cheating? Maybe I could bribe you to make you cheat too... I hear double chocolate chunk cookies calling our name....

Shan said...

Good luck with the detox. You're both much stronger women then I am:)