Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spark + Spout

My hubby and I spent a couple of hours trying to come up with a name (he thought of "The Taming of the Crew" and some other punny ones). I wanted to use this space to exercise myself creatively. Drawings or ideas that spur me to create something to be proud of. That's the Spark. I want to keep a record things that inspire me and may in turn inspire others. Little stories and thoughts that touch my heart. Or when I need to vent about my dog that got in to her food and ate so much that I had to make her vomit (we found a neat little trick of pouring a teaspoon or so of salt on the back of her tongue...). That's the Spout. Eventually I will have sketches/photos etc to illustrate my ramblings (not that everyone will be keen on seeing a sketch of a dog vomiting but you get the idea).

There's a part of me that wonders if I will lose my creativeness, or at least my design sense, by staying at home until my youngest is in school full-time. But I guess a bigger part of me wants to invest this time into growing with my kids. When I hear my daughter giggle out loud, or hold her up to the window to watch her eyes grow in amazement of the snowstorm outside I remember that I've made the right decision.

No comments: