Friday, October 21, 2011

New bird trick

So I suck at low-light photography (and the below pic illustrate this). Karen from Snapshots of a Goodlife is offering a 2 week forum so we can ask a tonne of questions and hopefully you'll see my mad skills in the weeks to follow. I highly suspect it's a combination of my camera maxing out on it's ISO that is causing all the digital noise (that, and I'm shoot in AF instead of full manual in low light... something I'm going to practice this weekend to prepare for the beginning of the forum next week). I think I need to save up and upgrade my camera body.

Now for the new bird tricks...





4 comments:

zaczmom said...

Ok...even I will admit. That is cute!!! (even for a bird)

cheryl said...

i'm still debating getting making the shot - are you loving it? fun photos.

Heather... said...

Hi Cheryl,

I just bought both... I found the first issue helpful because of the gear Karen uses and simple thing like showing how she sets up her portrait shoots. The low light shooting issue is great. I keep forgetting that manual settings are so much better for low-light; better that AF and Shutter Priority. But it also really helps reinforce what/how you should shoot in order to get the best possible photos SOOC. I'm still quite and amateur so I've found them really helpful, but I still think more experienced photographers will get something from this. And honestly, you couldn't get a book for the price let alone a forum with direct contact with Karen. I should get your email so I can chat with you directly. You can contact me at heather@leedesigns.ca.
Chat soon!
h.

Catherine said...

I've been thinking about Karen's latest Making the Shot. I got a lot out of the first one. Don't know if I'd swing for the two week forum. It starts today?