Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bad Computer!

So my trusty computer has decided it's had enough... without warning (I shut it down last night and I will not come back on... judging by the Mac diy testing, it's the logic board which would be a $1000 repair...which is more than the machine is worth!). Grr. I had backed up files mid-June and I will be able to get the files/settings/email etc. off once this little trusty device gets here. It's more the inconvenience. All of my email contacts/phone numbers are on that machine and so I have no way to get a hold of my clients to let them know I'm in a pickle!

I should be back working again by Wednesday and there are some things I can complete without my other files but it stresses be out. Not to mention the $$ for the new software for the new machine. Not so cheap! Right now I'm running trial versions (good for 30 days) and by that time, I should receive a couple cheques to cover the costs.

Tthe new system is bigger, more beautiful, and so much faster that I might be able to catch up without my clients knowing.

Time will tell.

No comments: