Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's in your garden?

I'm lucky to have an amazing Aunt who constantly surprises me with the additions to her garden. She also is extremely generous and in the Spring when she's divided all her perennials, she calls me to come over and take as many as I'd like.

This year, she gave me an Evening Primrose bush. If you can get your hands on an Evening Primrose they are great fun for you and the kids. You can actually watch the flowers open in the evening. Imagine that, but all over a 2-3' tall bush with tonnes of blooms!

My Primrose started blooming this week around 8:30pm and I sat there watching as the petals forced themselves out of the pods. You could actually see the sticky residue on the stamens (or whatever those pollen covered bits are called). It was amazing.

No comments: