Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday - Issue 14

It's just after 8. I have the kids fed, dishes done, made muffins and cleaned those dishes and Craig is tucking them all into bed so I can watch America's Next Top Model (which starts tonight). Oh, yes. It's a guilty pleasure!!

The muffins are a favourite from Muffin Mania. Enjoy! (Please visit WCW to see the other entries)

Muffins That Taste Like Donuts

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. oil
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. milk

In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
In another bowl combine thoroughly oil, sugar, egg and milk.
Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir only to combine.
Bake 350˚ for 20-25 min.

For a delicious variation, fill tins 1/2 full of batter, put 1 tsp. jam on top, and top with the rest of the batter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are AWESOME. I made them today - I was so intrigued. You could add raisins too for some variety. They are yummy!

Heather... said...

The recipe also says to shake out the muffins after they are done, dip them in some melted butter and then dip them in a mixture of cinnamon and white sugar. I think it's such an easily adaptable recipe... just think of your favourite donut and add that to the muffins!

Shan said...

I love the new look! Very nice.

This is a great recipe. I think I'll make some tomorrow. My girls LOVE muffins!

Anonymous said...

I was expecting they'd magically come out tasting more like Krispy Kremes and less like that last Timbit in the box that nobody likes. Still, they were pretty tasty.