Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday - Issue 13: A Steaming Pile of...



PANCAKES!! But of course, it's Shrove Tuesday. The kids *love* pancakes for dinner. Addison ate her weight I think (a total of 4 whole pancakes). She out-ate her brothers!

Anyway, here's the recipe and as usual, please check out the others at What's Cooking Wednesday (yes, I'm a day early!).

Apple Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used 1 white and 1 whole wheat)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you want)
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup chopped apple (I shredded mine, skins and all)

Preheat Griddle to 300˚

Sift dry ingredients together.
Combine eggs, butter, and milk.
Pour into flour mixture and stir until smooth.
Add apples and stir.
Drop by spoonfuls and cook.





1 comment:

Shan said...

Apple pancakes are my favourite!!