Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The cleanse... Day 3

I'm enjoying a half a grapefruit, 1/4 cup steel cut oats sweetened with one date, cup of alkalizing broth, 1 tbsp flax seed oil and 1/2 an apple this morning for breakfast (as well as my HMF powder and yeast killer). I'm trying not to look at the leftover steak Craig made for himself and the kids and trying not to lick the leftover S'mores Ice Cream out of the dishes from dessert last night...

Actually, today is not that bad. Yesterday I had a mini meltdown when the kids ate hot dogs for lunch while I was preparing all my veggies with a splitting headache. But today, the headache is gone and I'm trudging along through this cleanse. I can hardly wait until next week when I can have toast with butter and preserves!!

Well, for those who aren't suffering through a cleanse, please visit What's Cooking Wednesday for some treats... I'll be bookmarking them and making them in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This might help with your steak craving problem...I accidentally watched this CBC thing on horse slaughter last night. Informative, yes. Horrifying, yes:
http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/
special_feature/no_country_for_horses/
photogallery_horse_slaughter.html

I can't help you out with the ice cream part. It's tasty and slaughter-free...I got nothing.