Saturday, May 3, 2008

Middle child

Dear Quinten,

You are not forgotten. Sometimes I think as the middle child you're getting the short end of the stick. Your brother has school friends to visit and your sister still requires a lot of my time. You have adapted; playing quietly, absorbing everything, listening, listening, listening. But you are not forgotten.

I look in your amazingly blue eyes and see mischief, intelligence and love. You are a remarkable boy with an incredibly infectious laugh and amazing smile. You have your crazy moments; your defiant yelling "NO", your arms crossed, pouting "I don't want to", and your uncanny knack of turning your listening ears on and off at whim. But that craziness is balanced by your joy of living, of loving your family, of playing hard, and of growing into the fantastic person you are becoming. I love you.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice post, Heather. You're a good mom -- I'm happy to have you in my life for advice and support when I have my own kids.

Heather... said...

Thanks for that! I'm sure that I've won a tonne of bad-mom-of-the-year-awards but I'm hoping I'll break even with some good-mom ones too... :)

Shan said...

What a sweet letter. And I love the pictures!!

KellyAnn said...

You are such a great mom... LOVE the letter!!! He is a mini you... I can't get over that!!!