Friday, April 4, 2008

ugh

I'm having creative envy.

Maybe it's the style of writing or more likely the intelligence behind it that is causing this sense of mediocrity... not sure.

Did you ever look to see how many blogs are about artist moms, staying at home and making a living by disclosing the wonders in their lives?

I just did. Bad idea.

I enjoy peering through the looking glass into similar lives to mine. I love hearing their voices in their writing. I think I'm actually living the idea that there are no new ideas. And I bet I could find another blog, about an artsy, stay-at-home-mom that is saying the same things I'm writing (only they are saying it with flare).

2 comments:

zaczmom said...

I found people like me too - you need to connect to someone when you feel like you are doing a thankless job somedays. Just remember - you are doing the most important job of all. Being a mom!

Anonymous said...

For every person you're envying, there's likely someone out there envying you. Keep going! (and put up a picture of those super-cute cupcakes when you make them!)