Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cupcake Countdown

Only a few more weeks until Addison's first birthday. I'm in the midst of writing my to do list... I still have to create the invitations but that is the least of my worries. I just reread the directions for the cupcakes and they appear a little bit daunting. But what the hell, I'll try it anyway. They are so cute!! And really, if I go all out for the first year, I think I'm exempt until they are 5 or so!

I think I'm going to make it a girly little tea party with mini sandwiches, fruity punch, watermelon and the yummy cupcakes. I'm also realizing that I will have to make the stuff on the Friday night to be able to be ready for Saturday's picnic. I'm hoping that there are some picnic decorations out there...I'll check this weekend. And how do I combine Craig's birthday with this??? He says he's done celebrating but that's no fun. Maybe I'll make a kid friendly punch and a Crown Royal punch. I can just see the family... blitzed and sunburnt. Sweet!

I have absolutely no idea what to give Addison for her birthday. The boys were so much easier! We have been lucky with hand-me-downs so Addison is set for clothes until she's 3! We have a tonne of books... I think I want to make her a quilt for her next birthday (I need to plan in advance for that and start soon). I have this book to make a Muppet quilt. How cool is that?!?! But for this year... Any ideas???

No comments: